ANMF ACT’s professional indemnity insurance protects ANMF ACT members if you are:
- sued for negligence or malpractice
- sued for damages arising from a public liability claim
- sued for defamation in connection with your work, or
- required to give evidence at a coronial inquest.
Who does ANMF ACT professional indemnity insurance cover?
- financial members of the ANMF ACT while undertaking their duties as employees*
- financial members who work independently providing nursing services, as long as they are suitably qualified and practicing within their scope of practice**
- financial members engaged in alternative or natural therapy, for example acupuncture, aromatherapy, naturopathy, massage, and reflexology (but excluding chiropractic or osteopathy)
- financial members engaged in Good Samaritan acts, and
- financial members needing insurance run off cover.
There are some policy exceptions where Nurses and Midwives are not covered by the ANMF ACT Branch PII policy:
- some midwifery services
- botox and cosmetic injectables
- laser therapy, and
- working for a business registered in your name.
For full details of policy exclusions please contact the ANMF ACT Branch
* Professional Indemnity Insurance is a professional requirement of national registration for Nurses and Midwives and is not intended for Assistants in Nursing who are not required to have PII.
** If you are an independent practitioner, please contact the ANMF to determine whether you are covered.