Our Workplace Delegates are our ANMF ACT leaders in the workplace
In additions to all the important member benefits, the ANMF ACT also assists members in achieving positive outcomes and improvements in workplace conditions through organising. Organising is where deep long-lasting change occurs due to members collectively driving change. Organising collectively is also used to address significant and serious matters that impact on multiple members in a workplace.
Workplace Delegates (WPDs) are our ANMF ACT workplace representatives and are nominated by members in the workplace and play a vital role in representing and advocating for members. They are the critical link between the Branch and members, and members and the employer. They are your union leaders, who work closely with the ANMF ACT Organising Team who provide role support, development of leadership skills and capability to build union power in the workplace.
MEMBERS ARE THE UNION. There is only power in organising if there are members who are willing to be active and collectivise on issues.
Members are at the centre of our work and drive change. With the assistance of WPDs and ANMF ACT Organisers, members formulate strategies to resolve workplace issues. Evidence demonstrates that members who have a WPD in their workplace are more likely to achieve better, fairer, safer workplaces.
You may find your WPD in the following institutions:
- Australian Red Cross Blood Service
- Baxter Renal Care Services
- Calvary Bruce Private Hospital
- Calvary John James Hospital
- Calvary Public Hospital Bruce - Clare Holland House, Maternity and Inpatient Units.
- Canberra Health Services - Maternal and Child Health
- Canberra Health Services - Inpatient Wards, Ambulatory and Outpatient Units and Critical Care Units at The Canberra Hospital (TCH)
- Canberra Health Services - Centenary Hospital for Women and Children
- Canberra Health Services - Community Health Centres
- Canberra Health Services - Walk-in Centres
- Canberra Health Services - University of Canberra Hospital
- Canberra Imaging Group
- Jindalee Aged Care Residence
- National Capital Private Hospital
- Tresillian at Queen Elizabeth II Family Centre
If you are a financial member of ANMF ACT, you have access to the list of our delegates.
If you want to find out how you can be a WPD in your workplace, contact the Branch and speak to one of our Organisers.